The heart of Presentation High School lies in the Catholic faith, rooted in the tradition of the Sisters of the Presentation. This tradition is nurtured by Campus Ministry, a program that provides young women with opportunities to explore and grow in their faith. Class-level retreats, school liturgies and lunchtime prayer services create a community of faith in which the Christian message is integrated with the experience of community, worship, and social concern. These activities, which are open to students of all faith traditions, encourage students to recognize their gifts and talents so they may exercise them in ministry and service to the community.
Campus Ministry’s home is in the Christian Life Center, where students and faculty are welcome to seek pastoral guidance or gather for prayer and reflection in the chapel. The CLC is also home to Peer Ministry, a program designed to empower our young women in areas of ministry at Presentation as well as in their parishes. Peer Ministers help plan and execute Campus Ministry activities and in doing so, not only deepen their faith, but grow in Christian leadership.
Mission & Goals
We Believe . . .
- In the fullest personal development of our young women, including relationship to self, others, and God.
- In creating a community of faith in which the Christian message, the experience of community, worship, and social concern are integrated.
- In each Christian's responsibility to use her gifts for the good of the community and to minister as Jesus did.
- That we are all called to be People of God and that our "yes" to God is a response evidenced in prayer, ritual, dialogue, and how we live our daily lives.
We Strive to . . .
- Provide meaningful experiences of God and community, which recognize the faith struggle of adolescent.
- Recognize the gifts and talents of the adolescent and empower her to exercise those talents in ministry and service.
- Explore the partnership shared with family by soliciting their support and involvement.
- Be a resource to students, staff, and families by providing spiritual direction, information, texts, and/or contacts that may promote further growth in one's Christian journey.
- Present an image of Church that is global, reaching beyond our school community.