College Counseling: Freshmen
Beginning freshman year, general college information is disseminated through mentoring activities. Mentoring classes meet twice a week during the fall semester, and three times a week during the spring semester.
- Develop strong study skills.
- Do well in school. Give your academic work your fullest attention.
- Get involved in one or several meaningful activities that are not only fun but that will help you grow personally. Those who get involved are typically more committed and energized about their entire school life.
- Pay attention in mentoring – there are lots of opportunities for you to get involved.
- Meet with your mentor and/or your counselor when creating your sophomore class schedule. It is important that your schedule reflects your academic goals.