At Presentation, Confirmation is offered every other year to juniors and seniors. The process entails completing an application, interviewing with a campus minister, choosing a sponsor, attending Mass regularly, participating in evening sessions and volunteering.
Although Bishop Oscar Cantu strongly supports our program, the student’s home parish should be her first choice for all Sacramental preparation.
Juniors and seniors may sign up to be in Presentation's program through an information sheet in their religion/interdisciplinary classes in September of alternate years.
- Be a junior or senior at Presentation
- Complete an application
- Provide a copy of her certificate of Baptism
- Receive her Pastor's permission
- Participate in weekly Sunday liturgy at her parish
- Interview with Confirmation team member
- Attend all 5 evening sessions with her sponsor
- Attend one of her class level retreats
- Receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation at her parish during Lent
- Complete 3 hours of community service and fill out the service reflection form
- Fully initiated members the Catholic Church (a person who has received the Sacraments of Baptism, Eucharist and Confirmation)
- A practicing Catholic who attends mass regularly
- An adult of at least 18 years of age
- Meet with their candidate individually between our sessions
- Accompany their candidate to each of our 5 evening sessions, in her 3 hours of community service, and to receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation during Lent.
- Parents and guardians may not sponsor their own daughters, however Godparents are welcome.